SADDLEMEN 0810-Y128 SPORT GEL SEAT FZ09 MT09 14-18 0810-1622
Yamaha has unleashed a seriously fun “naked” Sportbike that features a free-revving 850cc triple-cylinder engine slid into a slim and nimble chassis. Yes, we’re talking about the FZ09. When you have this much fun available to a rider you better be sure to have accessories that are well suited to the task. Once again, Saddlemen has found a way to make a great bike even better with four seats specifically engineered for the FZ09.
These FZ09 seats are the latest advancement in Saddlemen’s line of Sportbike Seats that are designed specifically for the rider that needs a seat that can do everything—canyon carving, track days, or commuting. Most of these stylish seats feature Saddlemen’s patented Gel Channel (GC) technology that incorporates a split piece of SaddleGel and a channel in the base foam to relieve seating pressure on the perineal area, increase blood flow, and keep the rider in the saddle longer.
The foam and GEL for each seat has been shaped and ride-tested, then reshaped and ride-tested again to resolve comfort and control issues that haunt the motorcycle’s original seats. Gone is the forward pitch that causes the rider to slide into the fuel tank. Also gone is wafer-thin foam as Saddlemen’s progressive density foam creates a foundation that’s supportive and plush.
General Information for GC-Sportbike seats:
- Saddlemen’s revolutionary Gel Channel (GC) seats offer high quality; durable construction and styling that are as unique as it is functional
- The GC-seat design combines an interior comprising of progressive density foam and SaddleGel with a specialized cover that provides Sportbike riders a new level of comfort and control
- Patented Gel Channel (GC) technology seats incorporate a split piece of SaddleGel and a channel in the base foam to relieve seating pressure on the perineal area, increase blood flow, thus keeping the rider in the saddle longer
- The vinyl, WP-suede or memory foam cover holds up to hard use while providing a superb balance comfort and grip
- Plated steel brackets are part of the fiberglass seat pan foundation specially engineered so your Saddlemen seat exceeds the original seat’s fit
- Designed and built in the U.S.A.
Specific Information for SPORT model seats:
- Black-on-black, easy-to-clean and element-resistant WP-suede material covers the entire top portion of the seat with a matching strip in center of the Gel Channel (GC)
- This matching strip covers the center portion of the seat and places the Gel Channel technology front-and-center as a major styling point
- More comfortable than any stock seat on the market, but there’s no question it’s a custom, hand built seat designed to match the characteristics of your specific motorcycle
- Driver’s seat height mimics the original seat, but with a wider rear saddle section for comfort plus a specially shaped nose that helps the rider’s feet touch the ground better at stops
- The pitch of the seat’s foam is revised to eliminate the rider from being forced into the fuel tank while riding
- Slightly bucketed in the rear section to contour to the rider’s body for better control during aggressive riding
- Easy to install, bolts to your bike just like the stock seat
- Refined design prevents moisture pooling in the center GEL channel
- Custom colors and other modifications available, just contact Saddlemen